Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring

Friday 2 August 2013

ilovegorgeous meets Molly-Meg Price...

molly-meg is an innovative children's design shop that offers a mix of modern and classic design. Whether you are looking for a multi-functional bunkbed, a retro geometric blanket or an unusual gift (we especially love the sea-life water pistols!) molly-meg will certainly help you make your home a fun and creative place. Here ilovegorgeous talks to founder Molly-Meg Price...




You are from a fashion design background, what made you start up molly-meg? 

Since I was six years old I have wanted my own shop - except then it was an old fashioned sweet shop! I started molly-meg in 2009 whilst working as a childrenswear designer in London and New York. I came across so many undiscovered designs for children from all over the world and I became hooked on selling children's vintage chairs when I spotted a Costco booster seat at the Rose Bowl flea market.

What do you enjoy most about your job?

I get to work with designers who make bespoke items for me, which helps make molly-meg different and more unique. I recently came across the work of Sincerely Louise who design and make beautiful knitted animal heads to hang on walls. These are taxidermy without the guilt and far nicer! 

What do you get up to when you aren’t working?

I enjoy wandering around my favourite haunts like Columbia Road flower market on a Sunday and spending time with my two year old niece Tilly. I also love to travel and am planning a US road trip later this year with a friend who is researching a book about artisans of America. 

 
What would you give as a gift to the royal baby?

I would give the Royal baby a baby Bobby blanket by 'Lucky Boy Sunday', a crochet rabbit rattle by 'anne claire petit' and the black and white picture flash cards by 'Wee Gallery. '


Describe your ideal summer party...

A huge picnic by a lake in the countryside, with good music, a barbecue, and swimming. An old school fair with games like splat the rat and a coconut shy.

Do you have a favourite fairytale/story?
Columbia Road flower market

When I was younger I was obsessed with Pippi Longstocking and her pigtails! Also anything written by Roald Dahl: The BFG, Twits, James and the Giant Peach and so on...


And finally...do you have a favourite ilovegorgeous piece?

I have been a fan of ilovegorgeous since the beginning and I love that the bridesmaid dresses include some of the classics like the Marie Antoinette dress which is true fairytale dress, perfect for twirling. 


If you want to see more exciting designs by molly-meg, visit design junction where she will be exhibiting on 18th-22nd September. And in the spirit of festivals and summer parties we are running a competition with Molly Meg to win a £50 voucher to spend in her online store. Simply answer our question here
 http://on.fb.me/18RiOoX



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you... drop us a line...