Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring

Tuesday 16 October 2012

A day in the life of a Lounge Lover...


Created in 2005, gorgeous clothing company Lounge Lover create urban and luxury clothing with a subtle fashion content and an emphasis on softness.  We love their collection of wearable classics, which are perfect for lounging and relaxing in throughout the autumn half term. We asked founder and creator Sylvie Gabriel to tell us a little bit more about the collection and the things she loves…

What's a day in the life of Lounge Lover?
Hectic! No day is the same, which is what I like about it.
Design and Production are my main responsibilities. I travel regularly to Portugal where we produce, but I am also involved in the selling.
We recently launched our website, and we are working hard to offer to all Lounge Lovers our version of Lounge and Travel wear, together with a great shopping experience.

What's your favourite piece in your autumn/winter collection and why?
Wow, I have so many!

My favourite for a relaxing evening in is our Jumpsuit, it is a real cuddle piece.

My number 1 travel outfit is the Asymmetric trouser (because it is edgy and so comfortable at the same time) that I wear together with my Travel blazer -another big favourite - as it is very soft, incredibly warm and you look smart wherever you go.

And my all time favourite style is the Victoria catsuit that I wear as leggings with a skirt... I have to force myself not to wear it every day.

As we always say in our office: ‘once a Lounge Lover, always a Lounge Lover’!

What's your secret to a good work/life balance? 
We all seem to spend longer and longer hours in the office, and often (especially for working mums like me) the work continues at home with feeding, bath times, homework etc.

I think the secret for a good balance is to work hard, but to consciously inject little ‘feel good’ moments into every day! They make life fun and are a welcome break from the daily grind.

I get really good vibes from working out, so I love going to the gym over lunch time, and feel really invigorated.

I also like to relax before going to bed (in my jumpsuit!), so watching a movie or listening to my favourite playlist always makes me happy.

But even smaller things, like taking a 5 minute break and sitting outside in the sun, buying some lollipops as a little surprise for my girls, or a quick phonecall to my mum or a good friend, it all makes a difference.

A book I read recently described it in a different way, it recommended to “play at least 30 minutes a day” and for me that definitely works!

What's your favourite thing to do when you're not working
Playing, dancing, reading, laughing, running in the sun, listening to music, travelling, discovering, living the moment.

What would you have done in another life?
Probably the same thing, but with less doubts and more self confidence.

We’ve given money off for your girls to celebrate half term, but we wanted to give you something too! Lounge Lover are offering 10% off their cosy autumn/winter wear to all ilovegorgeous customers throughout half term. Simply enter ILOVEGORGEOUS at the checkout to claim your discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you... drop us a line...